The Company follows the process of a very short chain designed to avoid dead times or any pollution of the surrounding environment, in order to ensure and to fully protect the final consumer. In the following we give a brief step by step summary of the most innovative techniques introduced. In the vineyard the harvest is manual, and the transport in small boxes avoids the breaking of the peel to prevent oxidation. In the winery, we have a total temperature control, and the use of inert gas (nitrogen) throughout the production cycle until bottling ensures the sterility of the wine over the entire process. For clarity we are going to list the steps for this type of wine making process:
- Step 1: Harvest the grapes and placement in boxes without friction and breakage of the grape's peel, and immediate transport to the closeby winery.
- Step 2: Filling the presses by a lifting belt. Soft pressing at controlled temperature and in the absence of oxygen in the closed and inert tank. Alternatively we could, depending on the types of grapes, initially go through a process of destemming, with separation of the stalk and the marc, cooling with a heat exchanger, and placing the crushed grapes in presses and subsequent maceration.
- Step 3: Transfer of musts in tanks, in AISI 316 stainless steel with advanced cooling techniques. We control the refrigerating temperature with an electronic control system.
- Step 4: Clarification of musts by flotation or cold settling.
- Step 5: Inoculation of selected yeasts and activation of natural fermentation.
- Step 6: When the fermentation is completed, we transfer the cleaned product and begin the period of aging for greater stability of the wine in stainless steel tanks.
- Step 7: Final filtering before the bottling process.
- Step 8: Bottling after rinsing and sterilizing the bottles by steam at 100°. Filling, capping, labeling, applying the production stock band and then placement of the bottles in their boxes.
- Step 9: Storage of packaged product.
WINE MAKING PROCESS
MANUAL COLLECTION OF GRAPES IN BOXES.
PRESSING AND DESTEMMING
OPTION 1-COOLING OF GRAPES THROUGH HEAT EXCHANGER AND TRANSFER TO THE PRESS.
OPTION-2 FULL EXHAUST GRAPES ON BELT, LOAD PRESS, SOAKING AND SOFT PRESSING, COOLING OF THE MUST AND TRANSFER IN TANK.
CLARIFICATION OF GRAPE BY FLOTATION OR COLD SETTLING.
YEAST INOCULATION AND ACTIVATION OF FERMENTATION AT LOW TEMPERATURES.
TRANSFER OF CLEAN PRODUCT AND REFINEMENT.
STABILIZATION OF WINE AND LAST CLARIFICATION BEFORE FILLING.
BOTTLING AND STORAGE.